Big Data Engineer [Two Positions]
- Programming Languages - Spark; Scala; Java; Python
- Big Data Technologies: Hadoop, HBase, Hive
- Implement and develop Hadoop data driven platform with advanced capabilities to meet business and infrastructure needs.
- Leads the discovery phase, design and development of medium to large scale complex projects with agile approach and security standards.
- Leads and participates in proof-of-concept for prototypes & validate ideas, automating platform installation, configuration and operations processes and tasks (Site reliability engineering) of global events data platform
- Contributes to continuous improvement by providing optimized practices, efficiency practices in current core services (platform and infrastructure) areas
- Work with offshore team and provides development opportunities for associates
- Supporting change management and operations support for security events platform with ITSM/ITIL standards
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Math or equivalent
- 10+ years of work experience within one or more IT organizations. Prior work experience in the technology engineering and development is plus.
- 5+ years of advanced Java/Python Development experience (spring boot/python, server-side components preferred)
- 2+ years of Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Hbase, Spark, Zookeeper, Impala, Flume, Parquet, Avro) experience for high volume based platforms and scalable distributed systems
- Experience working with data model, frameworks and open source software, Restful API design and development, and software design patterns
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies, FDD (Feature data driven), TDD (Test Driven Development), Elastic search (ELK), Automation of SRE for Hadoop technologies, and CI/CD (Continuous integration & deployment)
- Capable of full lifecycle development: user requirements, user stories, development with a team and individually, testing and implementation
- Strong communication and written communications skills with the ability to be highly effective with both technical and business partners.
Interested candidates should send an email with cover letter and resume to email@example.com.